by: anonymous_user - 7th February 2007

I am an advanced to expert skier and have been sking for more than 20 years and I've skied all the legendary slopes (Kitzbuhl, Zermatt, St. Johann, Chamonix, the Zugspitze) and the North American's (Vail, Keystone, beaver creek, Breckenridge, A-basin, Park City, Snowbasin, Alta...etc) and this mountain punished me from first lift to last! Very demanding ungroomed diamonds and blues. After tackling a few of the blacks, I didn't dare try the double-d's for fear of bodily injury. Volkswagen sized moguls everywhere with a small variety of groomed that intimidated even the best intermediates that skied with us. If a mountain could have a personality...this one was pissed. The lodges were OK. Nothing special, and the food was typical for most resorts, small portions and $$$. But overall everything was fine. My opinion...If you are into self punishment and pain and in the best physical shape of your life, then by all means dare the peaks. If you are a little more experienced and "soft" and have children and a life insurance policy, I would consider somewhere else or stay low. The only drawback to sking to the base was a very long gondola lift line back to the other lifts. Overall a good place to ski but pack the ibuprofen?!