by: anonymous_user - 16th January 2007

A bit like staying in the Truman Show. The company that owns the mountain, owns all but 1 of the bars and restaurants. So the people work in the different units in the resort e.g. the same person that serves you in the restaurant turns up the next day in the photostore and then the grocery store. Despite all the services being centrally owned, there is plenty of variety and the prices are not too bad. Watch out for the resort fee of $15 per room they sneak onto your bill. They charged it in advance to my credit card. When I questioned it, they said it was a new charge they had introduced to cover extra services. When I questioned further, the list of services was defined as: a free daily newspaper, wifi, tubing and a shuttle bus around the resort. After a couple of emails & a phone call they refunded the fee, my trip felt non-the-worse for the loss of the newspaper (USA today is given out free in the hotel reception areas if you really feel the need to keep up events in the outside world). My advice is to refuse to pay this additional charge - it simply amounts to an additional, extra tax. And let's face it we have enough of those. If you're a mid-range boarder, I'd say there are not enough blues to keep you interested beyond 3 days: and too many cat tracks for novice boarders. Stay here but drive to it in a rental and explore the nearby resorts. The staff were (nearly) all fantastic - couldn't ask for any more from them. Well trained and genuinely helpful.