Unmatched value

by: rsbinct - Dec 26, 2008

Pros: Best value on earth

Cons: Snowboard crazies

Recommended For: Singles, Family Friendly

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

Skied Brighton for two days over Christmas. I had my kids in a private lesson and the price was very reasonable compared to most places and the instructor had them skiing all over the mountain and through the trees. They had a great time and the instructor even keep them for 30 minutes longer than the 2.5 hours I paid for. Also skied Solitude, Alta and Deer Valley. For the money, Brighton can't be beat.

While the kids skied I sampled a bunch of the mountain. The Crest lift was closed due to a mechanical problem. Even so, the lift lines were modest, and I found untouched powder for most of the day. Wow, there are some steep slopes with some great open tree skiing. Unless you are really a advanced skiier, this mountain has more than enough terrain for days of skiing.

Down points. Lots of beginner snowboarders that are riding past their level. Must be on high alert or else you can get creamed by an out of control maniac. Other down side is that skiing with my two kids, intermediate skiiers, we seemed to come across flats where they had to pole and skate. Tired them out and not fun. Maybe if I knew the mountain better we could have avoided.

Overall one of the best ski experiences in the west.