by: Alan Franklin - 3rd March 2014

Not crowded
WInd closures, No quad lifts, slow lifts

So I went to Brian Head today for a better review of the mountain. The first thing I will have to say is that I had a lot of fun. The conditions were pretty awesome and you couldn't ask for much better. All the trails were open and there was plenty of snow to go off piste and feel like you were picking your own line. I was a little disappointed with the park. I wouldn't go here if you want to learn how to jump. There weren't any stand alone beginner jumps. I also felt like there was no progression to the park. They had something for beginners which was really small and had no variety and then they had something for advanced people. Nothing in between. It's kind of a shame. I also want to say that it's kind of difficult to go from one peak to the next without hiking somewhat. Going from Navajo to Giant Steeps wasn't much a problem, but getting back, forget about it. A lot of walking or skating if you are on a snowboard. The last thing that I would mention is the lack of any quad lifts. That and going to the top of either one of their two mountains is very slow. Maybe it's because I'm use to the lifts in Southern California, that are usually quads and fast when you are going to the top of the mountain. All and all I had a great time and I am definitely going back here and I am looking forward to it. There is a lot of terrain for many different riding experience levels so everyone can have fun. The food is on the expensive side, but what resort doesn't have expensive food? I do hope that I went there and it was an off day for the park, if not I will say park goers have to go elsewhere.