by: datheseus - 17th February 2010

Good runs, nice terrain, good ski/board weather
long lines for lifts, poor nightlife, everything overpriced

Just came back from Tremblant for a weekend. Boarding was overall good. I just wished they'd charge less than $61 for a half day. Although the lines were long for the ski lifts the trip down is well worth the wait. Also the view of the mountains is beautiful from the top. There are different stores and bars that are available in the village as well as a casino. But don't expect this casino to have every card game like in niagara falls or vegas. There is an abundance of slot machines. The casino can be accessed by a shuttle bus which runs daily from the village and back. It seems like everything is overpriced compared to Toronto. My buddy bought some french pastry desert which normally costs no more than a $1.50 choked up $4 in the cafeteria on top of the mountain. The nightlife sucks. While I was there I knew of only two spots that were serving alcohol till 3 am. One club was called "La something" (I forgot the actual name) which was 18 and older and the other "Caribou" for the 21 and over. Both places are a 2 second walking distance from each other. The 18 and over club played more newer pop songs while "Caribou" is mixed new and old music. Both places may charge $5 - $10 entrance or even free but there's usually a mandatory coat check for $4.50 which is a total RIP OFF! ALCOHOL WAS A RIP OFF TOO. Except Sundays at Caribou where you can get 2 shots for $3.25 or 1 beer for $7 or two for $10. I had purchased 3 beers in "Caribou" for $23. After the brunette bartender brought the drinks I gave her $25 which leaves $2 tip. She returned to me and explained that I only tipped her for 2 bottles. Are you kidding me??? I then gave her $5 and she gave me $4 dollars back. I left the $4 dollar change for my pity on her and her intentions of squeezing another dollar out of me. Normally in any city the bartender usually accepts any tip regardless of their feelings towards the amount as long as the beers are paid. Not only did it happen to me it also happened to someone else in my group except it was at the 18 and over place with the same brunette bartender. She had accused him for not paying enough tip and call security for her dissatisfaction of the tip she received. This chick should really be fired for portraying Quebecers as cheap and greedy. The bars may also have obnoxious and wanna-be tough teeny boppers causing stirs but the village security is controlled...I guess??? My advice is to stay at a place in or near the village as much as possible. The main part is the village which is as good as it gets. I stayed in a chalet about 10 minutes away and it was a hassle to drive/cab to the village especially after a night of drinking and snowy road conditions. Do not stay there if you are only going to party and not snowboard or ski. There are plenty of other places to party where you don't have to snowboard or ski. Do not hold stags or major party events there. Tremblant is a place where you go when you're bored or free for the weekend. All waitresses that served me were very nice and courteous. Only the bartenders in these places are a problem.