Mont Sutton Review

by: salesmanny - Dec 31, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 31, 2007

I have spent a week in Sutton with my family every year for more than 10 years, and it is one of the best kept secrets in the ski world. Most skiers from the US are not familiar with this mountain, yet in my opinion it rivals any mountain in the east. It's smaller and much less flashy than the major Vermont peaks, and Sutton doesn't have the glitz or many high speed modern lifts that you'll find in the more crowded and more expensive New England ski resorts, but Sutton has phenomenal terrain! I consider myself an expert skier, yet I've never been bored at Sutton. The amazing thing about Sutton is that while it has some of the best glades skiing in the east for advanced skiers, it also has superb glade skiing for every skiier level, from novice/intermediates on up. There is virtually no nightlife to speak of in the area, and there are only a handful of restaurants besides the restaurants in the hotels and lodges, but if you go to Sutton, you won't go hungry and you'll have an amazing skiing experience. Make sure to plan your trip mid February or later, to ensure that the mountain will be in full operation. March is a great time to go to Sutton, because the snow is usually plentiful and the temperature starts to warm up nicely by then. I've skied all over the world, but Sutton has a special place in my heart and I highly recommend it!