by: anonymous_user - 17th November 2006

I have skied in Western USA (Utah, Wyoming, Colorado) and Western Canada (Whistler, Lake Louise, Banff, etc.). I have also skied the East in both Vermont and almost every resort in Quebec. Which is my favourite? Le Massif Dude. The view alone is worth a visit. Unique. Not the typical mountain vista you get in the big mountains, but just as (or even more!) spectacular. It really feels like you are skiing straight in to the St. Laurence Seaway. Breathtaking. Powder is my drug (like THAT’s unusual!) and I have had many fantastic freshie blue bird days there. The mountain really lends its self well to pow. Although there is not a lot of extreme terrain, there is plenty to keep an advanced skier happy. A few of my favourite runs are on the far end. Less vertical and a slow lift. Why is this good? Because very few make tracks there and they let it bump up. The best bump runs I have ever done, even with out pow. Always soft, very little ice on the entire mountain. Be warned, it can get REALLY cold. Two of my ski buddies got frost bite on one trip. FOOD DUDE! I like to think of the chalet as five star on a paper plate. All healthy choices and cooked only like the French can do. Tres Bien! Accommodations: Although there are no rooms at the resort, you can stay a ten min. drive away in Bae St. Paul. A real French artists community with great galleries and French food to rival the finest of restaurants. The difference? It only costs twenty dollars per person with a glass of wine. Paradise.