Classic Ski Liberty--Good Day

by: SnomanPack355 - Jan 21, 2011

Pros: Good grooming, light crowds (Friday)

Cons: Packed Powder = Groomed Ice

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

Finally had a chance to ski with my 17 year old nephew and his stepfather on a Friday in January. Very light crowds until about 11AM. Conditions were pretty normal for Ski Liberty--inch or two of granular on top of some groomed ice. No complaints--I knew what I was in for as this is the resort closest to home. The trails are fun--with the double-black Upper Ultra being about 50 feet of awesome steepness! Even though it's short--it's still a rush hitting the fall line. The parks were in great shape--we did a few jumps, just to humble myself that I could still fall. We had the place nearly to ourselves. I am pretty sure there were more Ski School people in the morning than paid customers. Around 11:00, that all changed but it wasn't too bad. If the back-side lines got long, we'd do the blacks on the front side. I really like the way the back side is set up so that you can start on any trail at the top, and cut over and do just about any other trail on the bottom. The staff was very friendly.

Overall, it was a great day. I'll be back several more times this season--primarily on weekdays!