by: RuthBlue - 23rd February 2007

We've stayed at Snow Ridge village townhomes for 2 different years now, to ski at Jack Frost in February. We're a family of 5, with an advanced skiier, intermediate skiier and beginner skiier, the latter who loves Snow Monsters, the ski school for kids at Jack Frost. I learned to ski at Jack Frost in the Discovery program and would recommend it to anybody. Snow Ridge Village townhomes are within walking distance of the lodge, and can vary according to owner. We like the Lehigh II models which have 2 br, a loft and sky lights with cathedral ceiling. Only thing I think Jack Frost is lacking is an indoor heated athletic center, including swimming pool, for overnight guests to use. And I am hoping that once the Jack Frost National golf course is completed, that cross country skiing will be available on it during winter. Townhomes come with full kitchens but if you want to eat out a lot, you have to drive a lot. But I myself am glad it is not all crowded and built-up with tons of national chain restaurants everywhere. The snow tubing is a blast but for a family of 5 for 2 hours, you put down $100. Our first year the lift tickets for snow tubing were included with our overnight lodging price; so was ski school/lessons along with equipment rental and lift tickets. It was sweet but then this year, the lessons and snow tubing passes were gone.