by: anonymous_user - 19th March 2007

I'm a huge fan of Blue Mt. I usually prefer making taking the extra half hour out there. I snowboard, so I'm out there looking for terrain. Sidewinder park has a lot of obstacles built into it. It's difficult to hit more than 4-5 obstacles on your way down. I'd rather hit more than that on the way down, considering... youre going to have to wait forever in line in the 6pack lift. All in all, Sidewinder park is nice. I'd go there instead of shawnee mt. Blue's smaller terrain park is great for beginners, however its always too crowded and everyone just SITS there instead of going! I'd avoid this park if youre not a beginner... You'll get cut off... people bail too much... go full force at a rail and then turn away... its a mess. My experience yesterday March 18th was horrible. On that same small terrain park i recommended against, a kid cut infront of me on a rail and caused a huge mess. Sidewinder park was hideous. Ice everywhere, everyone was falling, obstacles werent built up. The kickers were weak... a sheet of ice. For the distance... price... and conditions... I'm unfortunately going to have to find a different place to ride! Any suggestions on a good terrain park in the NJ area?!