by: anonymous_user - 22nd November 2007

Listen up folks, here is an informed review. Bear Creek has the nicest most comfortable lodge on the east coast. Need a getaway during the Summer? Go on up and enjoy this valley. If you Ski or Snowboard this hole is junk. I have been here seven times, the last 5 dragged by friends during the week who bought us passes. In the east the mountains are small and the snow has been lacking until spring. Ok, that's a given. But this place stinks because of the design and management. Trails that squish together, no runoff, downhill slopes onto lifts, open magic carpet gearing(just waiting to swallow your toddler) and fanguns sitting in the middle of trail, with ice slopes drawing you in. Add to this the unbelievable cynical money grubbing owners who allow toddlers and new skiiers and riders to take any hill they want by the thousands and you have a bad ski expirience. The last time I went a young girl(11 or so) was grabbed by their new high speed lift and DRAGGED BACK over the edge down the mountain. The operator, who was 90 YEARS old didnt have a clue. All the men on th mountain were running and screaming to get this retards attention. Thank God we did. I cannot emphasize how everytime I go here I am dissapointed by the surley teenagers in the ticketbooths, the MIA ski patrol and annoying retirees on the lifts. Stay away, go to Ble Mtn it is only 10 minutes farther away. A real mountain for real skiing and boarding. This place needs a new owner. There ARE 2 decent runs. But they haven't been grooming much and the place is so overpacked all the time by kidboarders and little kid sjiers that they are dangerous. No one should put their child on a black Diamond and expect to not get a punch in the face after I crash trying to avoid them. Fools! You people are fools! I hope all the dissapointments you desreve come screaming home to you in the future when your children are older and you have to pay for your stupidity. Middle Class Yuppie Scum.