by: Randy Rogers - 28th November 2008

Super Family Friendly - Big Time Tubing Center
Kinda hurtin on Trees

I have to come clean. I work at Willamette Pass now. My first Review of Hoodoo wasn't as complimentary as it should be. They really do a good job of making people feel at home. From Chuck meeting you in the parking lot, to the staff calling you by name when you purchase a lift ticket. They can't do much about the weather or the fact that fires have ravaged their trees. And on a Bluebird day it can be as fun as anywhere. Their Autobahn tubing center is giant. Haven't tried it myself but here great things about it. Nordic skiing is good as you can be out by the base of Mt. Washington in just minutes. Pretend you are near the Matterhorn. Scenic, for sure. The lodge is HUGE and they have a great collection of historic skis and snowboards. They even include examples of early handicap skiing gear. They have been really supportive of Alpine Adventures. Many people have commented about how nice it is to have a fireplace in the lodge. I bumped my rating on Nightlife because Black Butte resort isn't far and they have a great winelist. The RV parking scene is really something. Party down in your Winnebago with your friends. Apres Ski Oregon style.