by: anonymous_user - 21st January 2008

I'd have to agree with other posters that have been visiting Mad River for years. I've been going there for 8 years now, and season passes used to be reasonable. When MRM opened several new runs a few years ago, season pass prices became ridiculous for what new runs you get. The only justification to the price increase must have been to new management, none of the improvements have even come CLOSE to justifiable by the skier. So like anyone else, I just pay the $17 for an after work admission and enjoy my time there, but I'll never buy another pass, unless they can add about another 1100 ft of vertical drop and maybe a half-pipe (yea right). Yes, you meet the standard brats who have parent-bought equipment and cut in line, but EVERY once in a while you run into someone nice. The best way you can take advantage of this resort is if you live close enough to visit on a weekday for the discount prices. The terrain is varied enough to keep it fun, but only if you have the whole park to yourself. My advice: visit on a weekday in February, you won't spend nearly the wait in line, and the people are more courteous than who you'd meet at Midnight Madness.