by: BMBP - 14th January 2009

Night Skiing, Close to Suburban Population, Tiger
Managed worse every year

I couldn't agree more with the previous review. While it is obviously a small hill on the side of the valley, prior owners did what they could to make the best of it. That is no longer the case. Every year they seem to try a little less harder to open the resort, close earlier in the evening, and close earlier for the season. It is obvious that their main concern is really just running the ski clubs through their. Tiger is now nearly a complete waste (and eroding in the valley anyways) and they have not kept up with the times. Secondly, it is run like a police state. The ski patrol and courtesy patrol seem to think they are uniformed policeman. I once had a ski patroller get into a physical confrontation with me after he mistakenly thought I knocked snow off my skiis on him - it was a only a dusting (I did see it happen) and most importantly, it wasn't even me that did it and I am a professional in my late thirties. They are very lucky I that was too busy not to follow-up with them on this. They really need to get them under control before there is a serious incident. I also agree with the comments about Joe Riders - some great people working there, but just look at Snow Trails to see what can be done with a small resort bar and eating area. They are just throwing money away. Finally, at $40 to ski there, it is a real turn-off. I used to buy allot of lift tickets and ski there once in a while, but I really try to limit it - just not worth it for this much money. What a shame...