by: Summit3 - 22nd March 2010

One of the few places in NC
Some the worst customer service I have ever seen

I have been skiing for over 20 years across the country and I am sad to say I will not ski at Sugar Mountain any more. I have been a long time customer and skiier at this resort but not anymore due to poor management. Over the years I have delt with worsening crowds, rising rates and poor conditions. Now I am adding some of the worst customer service I have ever seen to my list. I was skiing here recently while they were blowing snow and they decided to move the blowers. Now I now what to look for and steer clear. This night was different, they had moved the blower across a trail then pointed it back over the hose. I could not see any hose since it was covered with snow and when I skied over it I got face planted. I complained to the lift operator who could care less and I watched as others fell as well. My doctor treated me for a hyper extended back injury and I could not ski for 3 weeks. When I complianed to the management I was told it was my fault. This outraged me since I know where I am allowed to ski. They said this area was not out of bounds and was out in the open. Their people had run the line across the trail and did not place any markers. The people at Sugar could not care less for my injuries or the safety of others. I am sure it is just a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt or worse. Things have gotten so bad that I have been only doing night skiing here for the last 5 years and every year I hear more compliants on how this place is run. Everywhere else people are friendly and try to ensure you have a good time. NOT as Sugar, people seem to barely make eye contact and if you need help with anything good luck. On weekends it is insane and a total waste of money. My suggestion is to save your money and go to WVor VA that's what I am going to do!!!!