by: Kevin - 24th February 2014

Perfect conditions
Overcrowded - dangerous enviornment

My wife took her son, daughter and 3 grandkids skiing including lessons for the grandkids so they can be equipped to ski in a safe and courteous manor. While the kids were in lessons my wife was skiing with me on the face. An out of control snowboarder weighing about 170 pounds plowed into my wife leaving her on the ground in tears with her skis thrown from her feet. The snowboarder refused to give identifying information and we had him accompany us to the sky patrol so that my wife could be examined for a concussion. The sky patrol did a good job checking my wife out but did nothing to curtail this dangerous behavior. They thanked the snowboarder for coming in and told him to have fun. Everyone is responsible for their actions on the slope. If you hit someone because you are out of control is the same if you hit someone on the road. The total lack of admonishment only goes to perpetuate this irresponsible behavior and therefore I recommend anyone concerned about the safety of their wife’s and children avoid West Mountain.