by: Johnny - 30th January 2012

close to city, very inexpensive, short lines, not overcrowded, friendly staff, beginner/intermediate friendly,
icey conditions but thats mother natures fault

Decided to take a quick solo snowboarding trip Saturday night. Only an hour and a half from Queens. Would've been $18 but bye one get one and another single was on line so guy at counter hooked us up, only cost me $9!!! Very warm and sunny, spring like conditions but almost all trails were open and one lift. The other lift for bunnie trail closes at 5pm. I went on the two beginner trails and one intermediate trail which were great. Perfect style trails for me (beginner/intermediate). Actually the beginner trails were more fun than the intermediate run. There were also 3 advanced trais/big drops open. Didnt go but looked like I might be able to handle. Had a blast. Went down 8 times in 2 1/5 hours plus ate. They have a lodge w basic grub (hambergers, hotdogs, fries) all well priced except $5 fries, plus a little shop connected. There is also another warming center w vending machines. They also have an outside concrete area w tables and a baskeball rim. Saw alot of kids and families. Free lessons on seperate little area. Staff was helpful and talked I to a few kids who worked there. Very friendly and helpful. Will def be back and it is better than tuxedo ridge down the road in my opinion.