by: Jplacidi - 4th January 2010

Vertical,Variety,Tons of Snow being Made.
One chair lift was slower then molasses,

Saw the Bristol Mt booth at the Toronto Ski Show. We usually ski / board, Gore or Whiteface.Vermont, Quebec , Sunshine Alberta, and or anything in Ontario. Having decided to try Bristol, we are very glad we did. We all LOVED it!! Toronto to Bristol= 3hrs. The place was amazing! For my son and myself, I paid $94. divided by 8 hrs of fabulous skiing= $11.75 per hour. That is cheap family fun that I am willing to pay anytime!!! The verticle was enough for both my son and I. We skied for 7 of the 8 hours. We skied all but 2 of the hills that were open. We loved the fact that we skied onto the lift, down the hills, and were able to ski onto the lift with 2-3 people inline. Short lines are few and far between and make for a great day when you don't have to wait in long lines. The night skiing was fabulous as the lighting was the best I have seen anywhere in the East.! That is a deciding factor for this family as we all love to ski at night. We only 2 dislikes. :( 1- The snow making machines were causing your visibility to be reduced to ZERO on some of the black diamond hills. As well as Blue hills. I prefer it when the machines are running when the skiers are not on the hills ie: when closed. Dangerous for 1st timers with children, as one hill had as many as 8 machines running at the same time causing the hill to be a sheet of blinding ice. One Chair lift went directly over top of the machines and this caused our ski's/board to ice over and it caused for a delay of 15 mins to scrap off the ice before our ski's/board were able to slide on the snow. 2nd. One chair lift was very slow. But it sure beats having to walk up or using a tow rope like in the 60's!. Over all our experience at Bristol out of 100 would have to be 95. We will be coming back and will be staying for the weekend at one of the many establishments in the area. We found that the terrain was .providing a wide variety of options for everyone.... Great Bang for Your Buck!