by: mike - 3rd December 2008

I got to ski the day after Thanksgiving
I wish all the trails were open

Ski town U.S.A. it aint! Thats why it is so good. This trip had to be planned a week in advance. I had to be sneaky about it because if I had told anyone I was going it may not have happened. I had been following the weather all week, and when I saw that Belleayre had been dumped on, I new the time was right to get the skis out and ready. I drove up from Connecticut. It was a fast two hour ride, and as I got close I was wondering where all this snow was. Not to fear, as I came up the hill to the mountain , there it was. A short wait in line for my ticket, ($25) and I was on the lift by 9 am. I parked at the lower mountain lot and took the lower mountain double up the hill. I skied down the green to strech my legs and loved it. This whole area is perfect for my wife, real easy and alot of terrain to keep her happy all day. I took the big chair to the top a few times and it was nice, however there were alot of people up there that shouldnt have been and it was tight. I am sure that when the entire mountain is open, that problem will be solved. Cant wait to come back with the whole family!