by: Art Zinn - 5th February 2007

I ws there Saturday February 3rd. This was the first weekend when a majority of the trails were open and there was snow on the ground in the New York metropolitan area. Belleayre was packed, the parking lots overflowed and people were parked on both sides of the access road most of the way out to the main road. the lift line on Superchief was 25 minutes after lunch. Fortunately Tomahawk still had a short lift line. The only problem was that the it closed at 3:00PM forcing everybody back on to SuperChief at the end of the day. I love this mountain but the lack of adequate lodge space is daunting. Since there are no locker rooms people drag all of their stuff in from the car and pile it on the tables. By lunch time there is so much luggage on the floor that you can't walk. We had to eat half our lunch standing up before we found a little bit of bench to sit on. Even this ws difficult to sit on beacuse of all the ski luggage under the bench that protruded into the aisle. What I would love to see is Sunset lodge greatly expanded. At least on the top of the mountain all the tables and floor space won't be filled with peoples baggage.