by: Forrest - 22nd March 2010

Terrain mix, GREAT SPRING SNOW, Kids ski school.
Food choice, No rooms on mountain, cust service.

Over all great trip. Kids ski school was well organized, great bunny slopes for new skiers. Has a great 21 inch spring dump. We were there for Spring Break. Big crowds and long lines for the first of the week, much better at the end of the week. Even with the crowds the ski lift lines were not long at all. One lift is high speed (#2 I think) kept knocking people down. Great terrain selection, good greens for my kids, challenging blues and blacks. The quad lift was easy loader with conveyor belt. Only problem was with customer service. Initially they said my kids could continue to use their rental skis after ski school. They had a shortage of skis so they made us turn in the equipment and go elsewhere to rent. First day no skis to rent at all. 4th day problem with pre purchased lift tickets. Went to Ski Services and the problem was with the package. I asked them to contact my hotel to clear up the problem....they said they would not call, even if they did call it would not change anything.....just go buy another lift ticket. My problem was not their problem. High marks to the SAGE INN for a great package deal, nice hotel and for taking care of the lift ticket problem. the staff there was very helpful. Over all great place to ski...had the best snow base in New Mexico of 130-140 inches. Good wide open spaces and some good tree runs. My kids enjoyed ski school but said it was not as good as other ski school they had been to. Santa Fe city life is OK. Lots of art focus. Restaurants are very nice, but there are few. Traveling through the city is a little challenging also with many lane changes and narrow streets. We may consider going back to Santa Fe in a few years after trying some other ski areas.