Mountain Creek Resort Review

by: snapdat - Jan 4, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 4, 2008

In the 1960's I skied here at age 17 ( pre-snowboarding and named VernonValley/Great Gorge). Its still the same large hills with more money to supply the snowmaking and snowboard features & jumps. I am in my 50s now and love the short drive from Long Island to Mountain Creek. The mountain is kept in very good condition, since this is further south than the rest. As long as there have been below freezing nights, they will do a fine job blowing Snow and grooming to get through the warm-spells. The lifts, when they all are opperating are modern, padded and a fast ride up. After a Snow storm its a fast and beautiful destination. The new Vernon Lodge is very picturesque & high-end.
I had to agree with this years' plan at South mountain being set up for the snowboarders to go free-style and on large jumps. The whole Mt is a Park! Its now perfect for my 17 yr old Rider-son. The Season Pass has more than paid for itself, year after year. Food discounts add up and the food is very good. I am so glad to be home on Long Island hours before the others who go up-state to WIndham or Hunter Mts. & beyond. The Snowboard rails and park features make this a cut above the rest, for snowboarding. Night skiing is a blast too.