by: eewdad - 18th January 2010

Good beginner area
Lines, few lifts, trails closed

My 10 year old daughter, her friend and I visited Ragged for the first time on Saturday. Granted, it was Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, but to be honest, it would not have mattered. One three seat chair to one summit and one 6 seat chair to the other summit were the only chairs running except for the 3 seater in the beginner area. The lines were long, from 20 minutes up to 45 minutes. One chair was down and the maps show another chair that goes most of the way up the summit, but it does not exist. Trails are not marked or marked so poorly as to confuse people. I heard many people talking throughout the day about how the trails are confusing. Also, it stated that all trails were open, but they were not. We were limited to one trail on Spear Mtn. due to time trials being done on another trail. And on the main peak, we were limited to only a few trails due to trails being closed or not being able to find the trails. Even the beginner lift had a line that was over 15 minutes long. It was sad to be in line waiting and looking up the slope and seeing almost no one on it. The lodge (the Barn) was a mishmash of confusion. Limited seating, personal items thrown everywhere, and slipper floors made it a nightmare to walk. We witnessed two falls and one person falling with food, the soda landing on his chest and face. Overall, with the poor line management at the lifts, only two lifts running to the summits, limited acces to trails, poor layout of the lodge and the price (which many people were grumbiling about - my cost per run was $7.75 per run with the ticket price of $62.00), it will be a long while before we return here.