by: brendan - 12th February 2013

• Nightlife
glades, staff, atmosphere
none

I had been waiting all year for a good dump to provide the necessary cover to allow me to check out ragged and its ravine. With around 2 feet dumped Friday into Saturday I decided to make my way up to ragged Sunday. Some of the main entry ways to the ravine were closed as even a blizzard couldn't undo what the past two months of very unwinterly weather had done. I consulted with a member of ski patrol as to the best means to access the ravine and the conditions to be found there. After an initial run through the ravine, I decide to access it from the other side (skiers left) of the mountain as the line for the triple was considerably shorter than that of the six pack. Coincidently I ended up on the lift with the same ski patrol guy I had spoken to initially and he was very generous in sharing with me were some of the more choice lines and stashes could be found. Needless to say I spent all day in the ravine which offered a wide array of levels of difficulty from thinned and gentle, to tight steep and technical and everything in between. Overall this mountains great, I can't say much for the non gladed runs as I didn't spend any time on them, the bit of the park i did see had some nice features, and the gladded terrain seemed varied enough in difficulty that parents could bring the little ones here to get a feel for the woods (there's also a blue glade on skiers right of the mountain which I imagine would be even easier however I did not ride it during my time there).