Great place for families of different abilities

by: mrcompgov - Dec 30, 2009

Pros: Trail variety, snow, family friendly, no crowds, instructors

Cons: slow double chair, spare lodge

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

My family of three kids under 11, and a wife who was nervous skiing just spent two wonderful days at Crotched Mountain and we loved everything about it (except for the 9 degree temp and 30 mph wind, but that is not the Mountain's responsibility!)

The trails were well-groomed, there were no crowds, and definitely no yahoos that we experience in some Pocono mountains. Everyone was polite, pleasant and practiced the proper kind of mountain etiquette.

We are just recent converts to skiing, and my wife was very nervous, even though we skied quite bit last season. ON her first two runs, a bit icy after a torrential rain, she felt at ease. After her private lesson, she felt very comfortable, even day 2 when the wind was high, the temps were sub-zero F wind chills, and the trails were quite icy on the greens. Yet she had a great time!!

The kids loved the mountain and really further developed their skiing and riding abilities. My 8 year old son and I skied great powder they were making that day down Pluto's Plunge and loved every moment of that great ride.

We are already looking to book next year's trip to Crotched Mountain.