by: anonymous_user - 30th May 2008

Overall I do not feel that Whitefish Mountain Resort (aka the Big Mountain) is worth the ranking of a Top 25 resort. It is really more of a locals ski hill with on mountain lodging. Being from Seattle I have access to a number of ski areas with in reasonable distances. I have made two trips out to the Big Mountain. The first time there was fog every single day of my 5 day trip. The fog was so thick sometimes that I got vertigo. But I did not want that to judge it just based on the one trip. So I went back again for 5 days and once again it was foggy the entire time. I took a tour with the Mountain Ambassadors who were really nice and told me the way to beat the fog was to ski the trees. Now I know that I am not an expert skier, but I am definitely an intermediate and the trees at Big Mountain are too tight for intermediate skiers. So in my conclusion the mountain may have great terrain but for the normal skier it is too foggy with too tight of trees. The one great thing they have over other ski areas like them is a great Half Pipe, my kids love it! Having skied at a number of places from Whistler, to Crystal to Jackson and I would recommend if you are looking for a low key resort with a great little town attached you should definitely go to Schweitzer in Idaho. The trees are perfectly gladded and the people are just as friendly as at Big Mountain. Oh and management if you read this, change your logo back. I did not buy any memorbilla this time because of your ugly fish. It is quite possibly the worst logo of all ski resorts.