Great Skiing for Everyone

by: ski 4 life - Feb 21, 2012

Pros: Great for all Abilities

Cons: None

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2012

I have been skiing Wild Mountain on a regular basis for 25 years. Because of their location north of the Twin Cities, they often have the best snow conditions. They also have some of the best skiing terrain within an hour of the Twin Cities. My favorites runs are North and South Wild and Ego Alley. My kids love the terrain park which is as good as any in the state with the added benefit of a rope tow. They are able to get many more runs in the park than they would at other areas with just a chairlift. Tip: stock up on chopper mitts from Fleet Farm. Lift ticket prices are fair and the season pass is the best deal in town. The employees are friendly and the ski instuctors and coaches are top rate. I have recommended their snowsports school to many of my friends and they have not been dissappointed. The Eagles Nest Bar and Grill located in the upper level of the chalet has great food at reasonable prices. Bottom line: I would choose Wild Mountain over any of the "Metro Area" ski resorts in the Midwest.