by: gchristman - 26th March 2010

• Nightlife
snow, staff, food
none

my family and i (myself, 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter) went up to the petosky area for our spring break trip to ski at the 3 resorts in the area. Nubs Nob was the only resort that had any significant amount of snow at all. i do realize that spring skiing is hit or miss, but nubs nob goes above and beyond in taking care of their resort till the very end. not all of their runs were open, but the ones that were open were groomed perfectly. they put 100% effort into making the best of what the weather gave them. we really enjoyed all the runs. a great mix of difficulty for the 3 of us. a very cool terrain park. and commented on other reviews, the best "cafeteria" food around. i ate the turkey noodle soup 4 days in a row and loved it. i saved the best for last. the staff at nubs nob is simply the best. beyond friendly and helpful. and they happen to have the BEST ski instructor in all of michigan. her name is allison, and she turned my 5 year old daughter into a skier. previous to the lesson, my daughter kyndal was struggling on the bunny slopes. after the private lesson, kyndal was skiing all of pintail peak (including goosebumps). ALLISON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't say enough about nubs nob. we will make the extra hour drive past crystal mountain everytime. thanks nubs nob for saving our 2010 spring break trip!!!