Mount Holly Review

by: ah77 - Dec 23, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 23, 2007

I went to Mount Holly for the first time last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the lodge was. Out on the slopes, the grooming was comparable with what I was used to at the resorts I learned on out East (NY/Vermont/Mass). The scenery is really not bad either.

Of course, it's SE Michigan, so the vertical drop is not huge; however the high-speed quad makes this bearable, since you can still get in plenty of runs (even though they are short). I went on a Friday, and the place started to get busy (apparently with local kids) around 4pm. They were nice enough, but there was the typical problem if a few snowboarders sitting around on the hill.

Overall, Mount Holly is nice for beginning skiers or those looking just to get back on the skis for the first time or two in the season. But the blacks should really be blues and blues should be green. I had only been skiing 5 times ever, and I could easily ski the whole mountain (I will admit it was warm and the conditions were a little slow).

If you live far from the bigger slopes, and are a beginner or just out for a fun day (not needing a huge challenge), Mount Holly is a nice place to go get in some runs, then enjoy a warm (or cold) adult beverage in the lounge by the fire!