by: jsnyder24 - 5th February 2013

• Nightlife
Many tree runs to explore, Long Runs for Midwest, fun backcountry area at North Peak
No high speed quad

Had a good time for the first half of the day skiing with my dad, girlfriend and brother on the easier south peak hills. There are a few quick places for tree skiing towards the bottom of the hill, and starting from the top, you can make your run last quite a while. Second half of the day, me and my brother separated from my dad and girlfriend who are novice skiers and hit the north peak. After skiing both Boynes, Shanty Creek, and almost every resort in the southern half of the state, this area definitely was the most fun me and my brother have had on the slopes. There are the obvious steep runs that are fun to go fast on, but the backcountry on the far side of the hill is great. Ungroomed powder throughout multiple runs made for an awesome time, because every time we came back down the hill we found a new trail. For anyone looking for a rush, our favorite trail was through the woods that you see to your right when you are first riding up the triple chair. Not actually a trail, but a few people were in there every now and then. It had snowed over a foot in the week prior to the trip, including 3 inches the night before, and 2 inches the day of, so the snow was great. Very fun, overall great experience. I definitely hope to head back up to Caberfae before the winter is over.