by: anonymous_user - 8th March 2007

I really don't get the prima donna attitude in the last post. Did your plane to Colorado accidentally land in Boyne Falls and you were left dissappointed? Aw. This is Michigan! Boyne is well-run, efficient and, in places, plenty challenging. Sure, at 500 vertical, you won't be huffing on the lower 1000' vertical of Hemlock. But don't tell me FIS, Superbowl and Hemlock are a cakewalk. If you can ski the bumps down the skier's left of Hemlock, you can ski Blue Ox or Highline at Vail. And if you tell me everyone can, how come when the afternoon sun has baked-out the back bowls, those front-side, double black mogul runs are still empty. Devil's Dive and DL's Drop are never groomed and very worthy black diamonds. The lifts are fine unless you're skiing between Christmas and New Year's. And then its busy everywhere. There are plenty of 3 and 4 man fixed grips and the 6 pack is one of the fastest lifts you'll ride, anywhere. I just skied every run on Sunday, March 4. There was 3" to 4" of fresh, dry snow over no ice. We logged 20,000 vertical feet with, virtually, no liftlines. It was the best March snow I've ever skied in Michigan in over 30 years of skiing. Boyne sells a flex ticket, which allows you the option of skiing or hitting the waterpark. Ever since the waterpark went in, I swear the liftlines went down. Charge down Boyne all day and you will become a better skier. We don't have mountains in Michigan. But thousands of skiers have pushed it at Boyne Mountain and gone on to ski very well out west and out east.