by: Three2Ski - 19th December 2011

Not a bad drive, good night skiing, fun bar
Usually very crowded, not a big mountain

I have been here probably 50 times in my life, from college ski club to recently with coworkers. **Location Not far from Route 2 so easy to get to and way closer than the bigger places in NH. **Crowds: I have been there on weekends before and it is usually very crowded. I have been there on weekdays too and it is usually not crowded at all. However on weekday afternoons when the school buses start pulling it, it gets ridiculously crowded with school kids. The lodge is so jammed you cannot move nor sit nor put your stuff anywhere. Also a lot of tweens roll in and take over the mountain, the lines grow really long, the trails are jammed, and I take a break. However when all the kids start to go home, usually by 8 or 9pm, the lines go down to nothing and you can easily get another 5 runs in before they close. ** Nightlife There's usually a good scene in the bar area in the base lodge, the food is decent, and some nights there's entertainment. I don't think there's much else nearby so stop there for a drink and some nachos. Good tap selection. The mini-burgers are good too. ** Terrain There not a ton of challenging terrain but the grooming is usually good so it's not a bad place for kids. The terrain park is pretty fun but requires additional $ on top of your already expensive lift ticket. ** Ski school Not impressed with the ski school as I have had my kids take lessons there. They lost my son one time - not happy.