Sunday River Review

by: anonymous_user - Feb 1, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2008

Not sure where to start. My wife and I just spent a full week at Sunday River (1/27 - 2/1/08). Very excited to ski in Maine, but it was not what I expected. Skiing was okay and the people on the mountains were great. Couple of problems that Sunday River needs to look into. Lodging was very bad!! We booked the "Locke Mountain Townhouses" and was told this condo was the best the mountain had to offer (paid $1400) for the week. Think twice about booking with this location. Couch had more stains than I care to mention. Cracked flooring and bugs!! The shuttle would not even take us to this location and would drop you off on the main street. Had to walk a 1/2 mile to the condo. My wife and I are not high maintenance people but these issues need to be addressed by the resort.

I would recommend staying at "Jordan" which is ski in/out.

If you have kids there are no "green" runs that take you back to the Locke Mountain condo's. When we booked the unit we were told that a fire place and washer/dryer would be in each unit, not true. Once again the skiing was good but it's package deal when you go on vacation and I would rate the overall experience 5 out 10. If you live in the VA/MD and DC area, save your money and go to snowshoe WV or Seven Springs PA.

Will not be returning to Sunday River.

Thanks,