by: anonymous_user - 30th April 2008

"I drive the groomer at Chestnut Mountain and I all I can say to all of you people who say that we do not grom is that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. We grom our slopes every night unless the weather does not allow for it. We can only groom the slopes when the temperatures fall below freezing" First off, Cudo's for your terrain park awards in Sam. Job well done. With 25 years in the biz, you are flat out wrong. You should be grooming for your begginers in ALMOST any condition except, a major rain event. If there is enough snow to open, something should be attended to with your cat. A ski area should provide a groomed surface if only on begginer terrain, main stay runs and always in the terrain park. Keeping the blade up(only push where its a must) and going fast is much better then the ruts or piles left behind from the day before. Instructors who have the begginers will be thankful as well as your Risk Manager. Also your statment to your clients or future guests is a little Rude here. So....Learn to operate instead of "drive" Or Go back to snowmaking :) Chestnut is a great place to learn and have fun ! & yes, I have been to the area.