by: anonymous_user - 20th February 2007

I am a ski/snowboard instructor at Chestnut, and let me first start off by saying that this is not the west, nor do we try to be the west. About 95% of our base is artificial snow, and even though we don't get much pow, they still manage to make riding pretty good. I grew up riding this resort, and being out west several times I'd have to say that if you want insanely good snow, or intense terrain, chestnut may not be the place for you, but for people within driving distance, or beginners that may want to try skiing or snowboarding for the first time, or even someone that used to ski all the time and would just like to relive what they used to do, chestnut is great. 3 black diamonds, and they are decent, they have moguls and features. chestnut really goes out of their way to improve their park and pipe though, and we are proud to say that not many resorts in the area have as many features as chestnut. we are open for night skiing every night, midnight on fridays, and friday night rail jams might appeal to freestyle riders. Not much else to say except I love chestnut, many people love chestnut, its a great place to vacations, great for the family, fun for those wishing to get into snowsports.