Perfect Resort for Family

by: smakkerr40 - Jan 15, 2011

Pros: Nice long runs and beautiful views- staff very friendly

Cons: Vertical intermixed with flats that are difficult to get thru on powder days

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

It was hard to review Tamarack....because I can't help but compare what it is today to what it was two seasons ago when it was running at its full potential. If I have to rate it now....I have to give it 4 stars, but I would give 5 if it could run at it's 2008-2009 season abilities.

I am really hoping this resort will not be sold off in pieces. It is beautiful and it would be a tragedy if we lost it.
The fact that they sold almost twice as many passes as were expected this season shows that there is an interest from locals. Heaven knows...all the celebrities went back home!

The homes are beautiful additions to the mountain, blending very well with the terrain. If I had the money, I'd gamble now and try to pick something up!

The purpose of Tamarack was to sell real estate....we all know that....but hey, many of us went to check out the mountain and found that we really loved boarding/skiing there. Our youngest girls prefer it over other resorts in the area. We bought Bogus passes as we do every year.....but when we found that Tamarack was offering Family passes this season for $699 we couldn't pass it up. How can you beat that???!!!!

This resort is really geared towards intermediate skiers and boarders, but there is just enough expert terrain to keep expert skier/boarders happy. The bunny hill is the perfect learning slope...just the right amount of pitch.
The terrain park, in its hay day, was amazing! Teenagers flocked to it! With limited staff, they haven't created the big jumps, but I would hope that if Tamarack is restored to its original glory...they'll be able to offer more bumps and jumps.

This year the amount of ski-able terrain is a bit restricted as there are only two lifts running but here are no lines and still a lot of terrain to tear up.

Advanced boarder's biggest gripe: on deep powder days: there is not enough vertical elevation to keep one running through some of the flatter portions of the mountain. Solution: Close your eyes and board with abandon!

I would recommend Tamarack to families with a variety of abilities, but expert skier/boarders will not be as challenged.

Tamarack.....Let's Bring it back!

Somebody want to make a bumper sticker?