Wolf Creek Ski Area Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 7, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 7, 2008

My family and I just skied Wolf Creek from December 26th to December 30th. The skiing was terrific. It was crowded because of the Christmas holiday, but that is to be expected at any ski resort. Everyone one of the staff was polite and very helpful. We only met one rude skier in the 4 days we skied. Tables were hard to get for lunch, but people were willing to share seats when they had room. The outdoor grill on the deck was great and the cooks did a good job of getting people through the long line. The prices on everything from lift tickets, to ski rental and food were all reasonable compared to other Colorado resorts. My wife had a problem with her boots the first day and the employees were very helpful in getting her problem taken care of. Our 2 teenage boys tried snowboarding for the first time. The instructors were quite nice and helpful and the boys had a great time snowboarding. So much so that they say they will only snowboard from now on. My family and I couldn’t be happier with our decision to come back to Wolf Creek, this is our second time. The only down side is the drive to and from the mountain from Pagosa Springs, but the employees and the skiing more than make up for it. We look forward to going back after our boys have graduated high school. That way we can miss the big Christmas crowd.

The only complaint I have about the mountain is the very poor trail marking. Most of the trails off of the Treasure lift intermingle and the little trail marking that exists is hard to read. My youngest son had a hard time telling some of the green runs from the blue ones off the Bonanza lift.

If you just want to sit in the lodge and look like a skier, then there are plenty of other resorts you will like much better. If you really want to hit the slopes and ski, then there is no place better than Wolf Creek.