by: NEtexas - 17th January 2008

I hesitate to write review this fantastic place because part of the wonderful charm is the fact it does not have long lines and smashed with people; the snow is always better than everyone (it boasts the most snow of any resort because of it's location; it sits in a perfect spot to catch most storms and snowfall). We pack our own lunch although the restaurant is always busy. There are great places to grab a bite and hang out at the top of the mountains also. Lift tickets are very reasonable compared to other resorts; great staff and classes; I took an afternoon class and was the only one, so I got a private lesson; it was great. The little kids have their own class and they are all decked out in their Wolf Pup vests and skis with wonderful instructors. The bunny slope is for everyone and you can stay on it until your confidence is built up. If you don't ski, there are places you can sit and hang out while the rest of the family is on the slope. They are constantly improving and adding nice and fast lifts. Rarely do you have to wait very long to hitch a ride on a lift. The emergency crew is constantly around and responds immediately as needed and expert care is provided at the First Aid station. We rent a really nice house in Pagosa Springs for the week; see www.vrbo.com for a house or condo to fit your needs. It is a charming little town itself; check out The Hot Springs and renovated movie theater as well as antiques, shops, and restaurants. I hate to give such a glowing review because we like the fact it is not a jam packed place. We have been going there for over ten years; we live in Texas.