by: Kevin - 6th April 2011

Lots of pow, no lift lines, and awesome tree runs.
No parks, not very tall, lots of hiking.

Wolf creek is amazing, this place gets awesome dumps. The first day I went the snow quality was nasty. I was upset that I had heard how good the snow was and it wasn't even close. I woke up the next morning and the snow started to fall. I stayed in South Fork (Which is where I recommend staying.) and the 18 mile drive to the mountain was insane. The higher we went the more dumped down, and boy did it dump. It didn't stop until the next night and left us with some great pow. Pagosa Springs is to far of a drive to make twice a day and it can get a little scary. Wolf Creek has some amazing tree runs. I think I spent 95% of my time in the trees. Wish it had a least one park, I would always go to Wolf Creek if they did. I love the parks just as much as the trees. I'll go to Winter Park or Keystone if I get a park itch, but if I'm looking to hit some deep pow and some pillow tree lines, I'll stick with Wolf Creek for sure. I don't think I ever stood behind more than five people in line the entire four days I boarded.