Vail Review

by: anonymous_user - Oct 23, 2007

Date Visited: Oct 23, 2007

To begin with,I am a East Coast Skier,who has been trained over the last 30 years to ski ice,crud,rocks pack snow and every thing in between.On the east coast we deal with loooong lifts every time we hit the mountain on a weekend.A long lift line to East Coast skiers is any wait over 45 mintues.The 12-minutes,that i had to wait for single,was just long enough to catch my breath.

My Vail experience was the best of my life.All i did was just hang out in the back bowls and enjoy the Vail experience.Yes,it can be pricy, although in this life you get what you pay for.On the weekends due to the crowds Vail is a differnt experience,then during weekdays.If you are flying in for the weekend and can't or won't handle the big crowds on or off the mountain,then maybe this kind of weekend experince is not for you.I think that it's best to ski Vail Monday-Thursday,if you get a major dump,then you just hit paydirt.

My twin son's who were 4 at the time,just love the ski school were they made many new friends.Their ski school experience cost me a bundle,so I expected them to be skiing the steeps,by the end of the trip.If you like to people watch in the village after a hard day on the mountain,then the total Vail experince can't be beat.