by: anonymous_user - 6th June 2008

Loveland is the place to be. I have skied over 20 different resorts in Colorado and Wyoming in the last few years, and each has its qualities, but Loveland is HOME. I try to get to Loveland at least 10 or 12 times a year. If you are only going to get out a few times though, you can not beat the 4 pack lift tickets that go on sale in early fall. That is how I found Loveland, and fell in love. They have terrain for all classes of skier, and I like that they offer a completely different area for the beginners. Like everyone else said, lift lines are almost nonexistent. The tree skiing is awesome, the open runs are always a blast, the pow on the north side can be great, and I love everything off lift 9. There is no other resorts that I know of, where you can get off the lift and have such a spectacular 360 degree view. You also get all kinds of conditions here. People bitch about the wind but I have skied here plenty of times when there was no wind. I have been here too when you couldn't see your ski tips because of ground blizzards. That just makes it more challenging. One of my best days on the slopes was here in white out conditions. At times in the open you could only see 3 to 5 feet in front of you. That made knowing the slopes really important, but such a unique experience. My only complaint is that they could set up the jumps in the terrain park a little more friendly to the style of skier and riders that use it. The jumps are so large that few people have the balls to hit them, and the people who have the guts, are hitting the BIG terian parks at other resorts already. For all of those people that said they preferred other mountains, good for you. We don't want people like you around anyway. As long as I can put my boots into my bindings, Loveland will be my favorite place to ski.