by: Harlemdiver157 - 23rd October 2007

We began our first Keystone experince in early March.My family and I stayed in River Run Village in a one bedroom condo,a short 10-min walk to Starbucks and the Gondola.By having Starbucks in the village,it seem like we never left the Upper Westside on Manhattan.The folks that ski Keystone on the weekdays,where very nice and down to earth.I did'nt see one mink coat,the whole time I was in Keystone. Since I am a trained East Coast skier for over 30 years,the wide open groomed and blue bird powder days,were like heaven.The bowls on the back side,were just as good or if not better,then what I found on my off days in Vail or Beck.So many times, I would stop and look around and I would be the only one in the bowls or on some of the runs.Our twin sons,who were 4 at the time loved their time at the ski school,although their 6-full day ski school experince was not cheap......By week's end they were skiing with their classmates from top-to- bottom on the River Run Gondola.In the future I would like to see more discounts,for parents that have more then 1-child in ski school for multiple days,like they do at some of the mountains on the East Coast. The Keystone Experince is great for familes,that want to spend time togther,on&off the mountain.If you are on a budget like most skiing familys,then book a room in town;Frisco or Silverton.They have many chain hotels,that you can get for under $150 per night and alot of QSR Resturants to really make your dollars go a little longer.If you feel the need to see how the half ski's and partys,then Beck and Vail is a short drive away.We plan to ski Winter Park this Dec,before X-Mass rush.I kinda get the feeling that if i can find some cheap airfare,then we might be back in March for another Keystone spring experince.