by: Rod - 11th March 2014

variety of trails
Hassles

For MANY years Keystone has been my favorite. I have skied there 90% of the time. No more. Today I walked away from the ticket window when they refused to sell me a ticket without a photo ID. I was paying cash- there was no reason to require an ID except to track my movements through the village. Though the ticket prices are high at Keystone that isn't enough for this Wall Street corp owned resort. They changed to RFID embedded lift tickets. There can be only one reason for that though they deny it. You don't need RFID embedded tickets unless you want to track "guests" everywhere they go, every shop they enter, probably even every aisle they walk down, possibly even when they leave/return to their rooms. If I can't relax and enjoy skiing without having my every move tracked and analyzed I will ski elsewhere or not at all. Loveland and Copper Mtn don't embed RFIDs in lift tickets and don't require photo IDs for cash purchases. They are my favorite places to ski now. Today I drove to Loveland where I enjoyed skiing more than I had at Keystone last week. I lost some skiing time due to the drive but it was worth it and I'm glad I walked away from Keystone.