by: Kbrady - 25th November 2009

Decent conditions
Not worth being serioulsy injured

I live in Delaware and hold a Season Pass at Copper. My sister and I are very good and strong skiiers. We always look for uphill traffic before starting a run and have never run into ANYONE anywhere in more than 40 years of skiing. Yesterday, we took one run and were hit 3 times by snowboarders who never stopped to see if we were ok or say something like... "sorry". We did not see a single ski patrol on the hill. The signs indicating a "slow" area are ineffective and uninforced. We wanted to take our parents out for a run but since we could not defend ourselves we did not feel that we would stand a chance at protecting them. As ski resorts are not responsible for the safety of skiiers, I am wondering how many people need to be hurt before safety of the guests and rule enforcement become a priority. For someone who lives to ski and considers summer a waste of time between ski seasons, I am not looking forward to returning. If the level of mountain patrol has not been improved when we return, I will request a refund of my season pass on my second run of the season.