Good Skiing

by: runner/skier - Jan 23, 2010

Pros: Fun Skiing on Grouse Mtn. and Birds of Prey

Cons: Seems "exclusive."

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

I 've been to Beaver Creek twice and I have had a great time both times that I have been there. Getting up onto the mountain is a challenge because the free parking is distant from the slopes and it seemed like a long wait for the bus both coming and going.

Once on the mountain, we pretty much stuck to Grouse Mtn. and the Birds of Prey area. Skiing there was a lot of fun. Several people who have written reviews on this site have characterized Beaver Creek as not having enough steep terrain. I have to tell you that those areas were plenty steep for me! My experience at Beaver Creek was far better than the day I spent at Vail, mostly because we were able to focus on the great runs off the Birds of Prey and Grouse Mtn. lifts. We got a lot of skiing in. We did some great tree skiing there and found some powder a day or so after a storm.

There seems to be an air of exclusiveness about Beaver Creek and that was a little bit of a put-off for me, but the skiing that we did there was just so good that I was able to get beyond that.

I would go there again in a heartbeat.