Soda Springs Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 16, 2007

Date Visited: Jan 16, 2007

I'm normally a visitor of Boreal or Sierra At Tahoe, and occasionally Squaw, but I did learn at Soda Springs, so there was a nostalgic factor to the trip. We went solely because lift tickets for "Youth" is only $16, a good deal compared to the outrageous prices of Boreal or Sierra at Tahoe, not to mention Squaw Valley.

Seemed relatively low on snow, as it hasn't gotten any since the 5th of January I believe, so it's been 10 days (today is 1-15-06). Relatively quiet for a popular skiing holiday. Snow quality was surprisingly good, for how cold it's been recently, even if there wasn't quite enough of it.

I was looking forward to at least a few black diamonds, being an intermediate-advanced skier, however the right half of the mountain was "closed for race training" and I didn't bother to ask more. The terrain parks were groomed over for a lack of snow I presume, so there was very little to do other than park it on the side and build jumps and etc. along the side of the second bunny hill.

Definitely a plus when you can ski straight down into the icy parking lot, and even slide along to the car that's at most 20 yards away; much less hassle without the walking.