A place I would like to keep to myself, but could be improved.

by: Ender - Jan 3, 2009

Pros: A few of the runs are pretty sweet.

Cons: Smoking Needs To Be Banned! Semi-long lift lines and okay food.

Recommended For: Singles, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2008

Overall, I liked this resort and my girlfriend and I will come back. This resort is 65%/35% skiers/snowboarders. There was a little area for children to play in the snow for free, which was cool. There's also a tubing area on the side. Originally I was given a free pass, but I will pay to come back again. I would have never come to this resort without that free pass. Some of the runs were really nice and the lifts moved pretty quickly. However, I really do not like how smoking is allowed here. There were people (a-holes) smoking cigars in the middle of the eating area. There were people (donkeys) smoking cigarettes on the lifts. And there were people smoking cigarettes where there were children playing in the snow. I told one staff member about how the people in front of us were smoking on the lift and she just shrugged. Half of the staff was friendly and the other half was apathetic. The food was a bit better-than-okay and the prices were reasonable ($6-$9). The lift lines were long at times (15 minute wait). The terrain park needs a beginner section to that, well, beginners can practice. I saw a staff member spraying pink water on the jumps around noon, which was cool since it marked the jumps. I probably wouldn't take my family here if smoking is still allowed the next time I come.