Time on the snow is better than time off!

by: radshoesbro - Jan 28, 2013

Pros: Terrain Park

Cons: Very young crowd, inexperienced, sometimes unsafe.

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2013

I've come to Mountain High a few times and I actually have a seasons pass there. It is in no way the best mountain that I've ever skied at, and it can sometimes be pretty annoying, but seasons passes for myself and wife cost less than $800! 5 days on the snow and I've paid it off.

The East Resort is the place to go when it's open. It's got more difficult terrain that will actually accumulate moguls if they've gotten enough snow and is devoid of the meathead types that hang out over at West. If you're into terrain parks and the like West is the place to go. Just take heed and realize that many people stop in the middle of trails when they're about to hit features, or they just stop at very inappropriate places. I've never skied North, but from what I can gather it's very small and more of a beginner's spot.

The parking situation is fine if you get there early, but if you show up too late you might find yourself parking on the street with a pretty long hike to East when you can then catch a tram over to West or North.