Heavenly Mountain Resort Review

by: sabarbs - Feb 27, 2008

Date Visited: Feb 27, 2008

My husband and I went to Heavenly in March of 2007. We had beautiful weather the entire week, all you needed to ski in was a t-shirt. There was plenty of snow on the mountain and it was well groomed. The prices at Heavenly are a little higher than some of the other resorts, but the views are spectacular! However, I would not suggest going on the weekend, it is extremely crowded! You don't have to wait too long for lifts since they are high-speed, but there are just so many people you have to maneuver around. It seems like the California side of the mountain was more crowded, so taking the time to trek over to the Nevada side would help cut down on the crowds. The runs were a lot of fun, challenging and well groomed. I am intermediate to advanced, my husband is advanced, and we found it to be challenging and fun. The food on the mountain isn't great, but I have yet to experience a mountain top restaurant that was. It's an enormous amount of food that you get, so we were wishing we had shared something. The contrast in views from the California side to the Nevada side are amazingly different. It is incredible to look down across the plains of Nevada once you cross over. Definitely worth checking out this resort!