by: Conner Whiten - 5th March 2014

Typically sheltered Nevada side from strong winds, good fast lifts
Price, mountain layout

I have skied literally every ski resort in the US and every time I visit heavenly, I find myself coming away from it disappointed and agitated. I know, don't ski there if you don't like it... My job requires me to entertain clients and this is where the company wants me to take them. First, yes prices are high and so is the food expense but this is Vail Resorts we are dealing with. If any type of perceived value was established on any of their products, their numbers would boom with attendance. This is just not their model and they are going to stick with it. Now, for the most annoying aspect of Heavenly. DESIGN. Count how many times you have to shuffle across a flat stretch to get to a lift. In particular, Tamarack from the Gondola, Cailfornia trail from the gondola and a couple of the Nevada side lifts. Horrible setup for children and beginner skiers to move around. Lastly, there are just too may catwalks to get around on this mountain. Expert skiing is good, the rest is just forgettable.